Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day 2

The look you gave me every day said it all. This was love. This was what it felt like to truly be in love. Every morning you'd shower my face with kisses and followed me when I went to make coffee. When I left you for work, your eyes said it all.

"I will wait for you forever." And I echoed that inside my heart.


My desk is littered with pictures of you, my mind always on you. When it is time to come home my heart leaps in my chest. Excitement overwhelms me, and I can't concentrate. Walking through that door is the best feeling in the world. You, again, kiss my face with eagerness. Following me around the house as I tell you about my day.

I hold you close and kiss your head, before going outside. I keep you close to me until we get to the street.

You dart ahead of me, not noticing the car turning the corner. All I can do is scream in horror as it strikes you. My world falling apart. The screeches to a stop and I run to you. You lie there, eyes rolled back, barely breathing, blood everywhere.

"I told you!" I say, "I said look!" I pick you up, screaming for help, but you die there in my arms. Your hair matted with blood. You were the best friend I ever had. And now you were gone. I held you close as I cried.

I love you so. I pet you softly as tears fall into your fur.

My love.
My friend.
My carer.
My protector.
My dog.

No comments: